This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Huge files and resume

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Hi,

Ik have two questions, does this control supports huge files 10G+? And does it support resume?

Patrick

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Hi

Resume functionality is not build in at the moment.

Huge files are no problem. I tested it locally with a few GBs. But I guess resume functionality would be better if you're really going to use it with huge files.

Michiel

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:00 AM
mpost wrote:

Hi

Resume functionality is not build in at the moment.

Huge files are no problem. I tested it locally with a few GBs. But I guess resume functionality would be better if you're really going to use it with huge files.

Michiel

Hello!

If it can split the fine in smaller chunks, what the need to have resume? Can it split 10GB into 10000 of 1MB chunks? (this is important for us)
Thanks,

Kostya 

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Hi,

You can customize the size of the chunks in the configuration and in the source code. Chunks of 1000MB or 1MB are possible, if you make sure the http handler also supports this size and doesn't time out.

However, it will not automaticaly do the resume functionality for you. When a new upload starts temporary files with the same name as the file being uploaded will be deleted. So it will always start at the beginning.

You can remove this functionality and create some sort of handshake to determine where the upload should start. It's not very difficult, but it's a different approach.

Michiel