Multi File Uploader does not work in Intranet

May 21, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Hi,

I am trying to use this component in one of my intranet project but it does not work.  It appears to me that it is looking for Proxy authentication and I look at the FileUpload.cs and can't find the property to associate Proxy authentication information in webclient.

Can you please recommend what can i do to resolve this issue?  I need this resolved ASAP.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Yatin Patel

Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Try to access the WCF service manually in your browser and see if you can access it.

The FileUploader doesn't do anything with proxy authentication. You can look at the WCF binding settings in the web.config and edit WCF settings there.

May 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM

I do not have WCF in this project, I have FileUpload.ashx in my Intranets project -- I forgot to mention that I am using this in my VS2005 project -- this works like a charm on my laptop but when i deploy to the server.  It does not work.  Following is the error:

The remote server returned an error: NotFound   at System.Net.AsyncHelper.BeginOnUI(SendOrPostCallback beginMethod, Object state)
   at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at SGS.ASI.Controls.FileUpload.FileUpload.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult asynchronousResult)
   at System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeGetResponseCallback>b__b(Object state2)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Yatin

Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Silverlight will be looking for a WCF service called SilverlightUploadService.svc

Unless you configred it to use the HttpHandler, then it will look for a HttpHandler called: HttpUploadHandler.ashx

Or did you configure a custom name for your upload handler? You can set it with the init params, for example: UploadHandlerName=FileUpload.ashx

So the first thing you should do is find out on which location Silverlight is trying to find an upload service.

May 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Where do i need to set this up in the Init params?  Is this in the web.config or when i initialize the control?  Do you have sample that i can refer to?  The upload page (FileUpload.ashx) is in the same project where the MultiFileUpload controls is being used.