This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem with uploaded file locked after wcf upload

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:17 PM
I'm having an on-going problem with the file that I upload using the WcfFileUploader class being locked after the process completes. I cannot even delete it from my hard drive.

Somehow it appears that things are not being disposed properly. Any suggestions?

Thx

Helen

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Hi HelenW,

Never heard of anybody having that problem before. Try debugging the WCF service and see what happens. The file should be accessible in the FinishedFileUpload method. After each chunk is uploaded, the temporary file should also be accessible and you should be able to delete it.

Do the temporary files get deleted, or do they stay on your harddisk?

Michiel
Apr 4, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Wow, thanks for the quick response.

The temp files get deleted no problem.

I’ll see what I can do with the file in the FinishedFileUpload handler. Right now I’m just testing it out on my development system, but plan to move it to my ISP once I solve the problems.

I guess I could always use a web service or http handler, but since I’m using WCF for everything else, would kind of like to do it all this way.

Cheers

helen

Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 12:24 PM
To: hwarn@agile-soft.com
Subject: Re: Problem with uploaded file locked after wcf upload [SLFileUpload:52286]

Hi HelenW,

Never heard of anybody having that problem before. Try debugging the WCF service and see what happens. The file should be accessible in the FinishedFileUpload method. After each chunk is uploaded, the temporary file should also be accessible and you should be able to delete it.

Michiel

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLFileUpload@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLFileUpload@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Ok, using a tool called “Unlocker”, I find that the file is being locked by w3wp.exe which is an IIS worker process. Any idea why this is happening?

Thx

helen

Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with uploaded file locked after wcf upload [SLFileUpload:52286]

Wow, thanks for the quick response.

The temp files get deleted no problem.

I’ll see what I can do with the file in the FinishedFileUpload handler. Right now I’m just testing it out on my development system, but plan to move it to my ISP once I solve the problems.

I guess I could always use a web service or http handler, but since I’m using WCF for everything else, would kind of like to do it all this way.

Cheers

helen

Hi HelenW,

Michiel

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SLFileUpload@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email SLFileUpload@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 4, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Hi again Michiel.

OK, I found my problem and it had nothing to do with your lovely WCF file uploader. A subsequent WCF service that accessed the file did not clean up after itself properly.

Thanks a bunch!

Regards,

Helen

Hi HelenW,

Michiel

May 15, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Hi HelenW,

Could you please tell me how you solved your problem i'm facing the issue now.

May 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Hi rikki,

In my case the problem was actually caused by subsequent processing of the file by another call to my WCF Services. You might want to check what you do with the file once it has been uploaded.

Hope you solve it!

Best

Helen

Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2010 9:31 AM

Hi HelenW,

Could you please tell me how you solved your problem i'm facing the issue now.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com