This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

30 minute issue

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Hi,

I've been using your control in a project and its been fantastic so far but I've run into a issue. I'm using the control in a MVC3 project and I was running a test on a large file (just over 1GB), I noticed the progress bar stopped moving and when I checked on the dev server the file was not being added to. When I looked at the file properties the create time of the file and the last modified time were exactly 30 mins apart. My first thought was it could be to do with session timeout so I adjusted the timeout in the web.config to 40 mins and ran the test again. But again the files create and last modified times were 30 mins apart.

Has anyone else run into this problem or have any suggestions on what to look at? Could it be a setting in IIS? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM
The way the uploader works is it splits your file in small chunks and uploads those chunks.
So it does a lot of small requests.

You should check with fiddler or your debugger what happens. What's happening on the server? Check the UploadHandler and see what happens there.
Apr 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I feel pretty silly now. The reason the uploads were stopping after 30 minutes was to do with a cookie timing out after 30 minutes. I've changed this to a session variable now and the large uploads seem to be working fine. Thanks for the reply and apologies for the false alarm!