This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

"Upload Failed" text for anything over 1MB in Chrome

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:49 PM

"Upload Failed" text appears next to item for any item over 1MB in Chrome any item less than 1MB uploads fine.  I test it in IE9 and everything works fine. 

I've set the "MaxFileSizeKB=50000.  So I tried uploading a file larger than 50MB and sure enough I get the pop-up message saying "Maximum file size is: 50000KB." in both IE9 and Chrome.

Very perplexed,

Sean

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I'm unable to reproduce this problem.

Uploading in Chrome works as expected. Please download the included sample, that should work out of the box. Also check your write permissions on the Upload folder.

Michiel

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Hi I also get the same error in chrome even with the out of the box, it uploads images under 1mb just fine but anything bigger gives an error, been running debugging but all I get is error 500, as I am new to silverlight, is there any special folder permission you need to set on the server for chrome specifically? any help would be appreciated

Jan
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Can you reproduce this on a different PC?

I'm not able to reproduce this.
Apr 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I've replicated this on 3 different PC's here at work, also the client has the same error on all their pc's running chrome, as far as I know, I also experience the error on my local test and the dev site. Through the debugging I've done I see the error occurs in the ashx in the ProcessRequest function when the 2nd chunk needs to be started.
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Works on my machine :)

Does it work in Internet Explorer?
Can you post a sample that I can run or access to reproduce?