Bug? Getting Message "Upload Failed" Every time

Oct 24, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Hello from Germany,

first of all I would like to thank the author for this great work.

I downloaded the source and opened the solution file in Visual Studio 2008 Team System (Silverlight RC0 Tools installed).
When I start the project and upload a file I get the message "Upload failed" for each file.

I would like to debug the WCF service, but when setting a break and start running point Visual Studio tells me, the break point cannot be reached.

Any Ideas?

Mark
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2008 at 8:15 PM
Hi Mark,

A few tips:

- Check that SilverlightUploadService.svc exists, open it, it should point to mpost.FileUploadServiceLibrary.UploadService
- Open SilverlightUploadService.svc using your webbroswer. Can you open it? If not, do a full rebuild of the solution
- Make sure to compile in Debug mode (rebuild the solution)
- Open the SilverlightMultiFileUploadTestPage.aspx using the visual studio web server
- Set a breakpoint in the StoreFileAdvanced method in mpost.FileUploadServiceLibrary.UploadService.cs
- Use CTRL+ALT+P to attach to the WebDev server

Good luck,
Michiel 

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2008 at 12:27 PM
Hi Michiel,

thank you for your answer. Due to some reason I got no email so I am just looking back today.

So far: I am able to open the service via web browser :)
The Build target was Release / Mixed Platforms. I changed to Debug and rebuild. This had no effect, also changing the target to Debug / Any CPU had no effect.
I tried to set a Breakpoint, but the breakpoint is not reached when I press the upload button, but Visual Studio is telling me, "the breakpoint will currenctly not be hit. No Symbols have been loaded for this loaded for this document. It seems that nothing happens when I press CTRL+ALT+P. Or do I have to use two instances of Visual Studio?

So far, thanks your hour help :)

Mark

Edit: I made a step forward: the e.Error Message in FileUploader.cs:122 is
{System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound
   bei System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.InternalEndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   bei System.Net.BrowserHttpWebRequest.<>c__DisplayClass5.<EndGetResponse>b__4(Object sendState)
   bei System.Net.AsyncHelper.<>c__DisplayClass2.<BeginOnUI>b__0(Object sendState)}
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2008 at 7:01 PM
Just make sure you have this step right:

Open the SilverlightMultiFileUploadTestPage.aspx using the visual studio web server

So the path in your webbrowser should be something like http://localhost:xxxx/etc and NOT C:\Silverlight\etc

That should help.