This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Using this wonderful component on Load Balencer

May 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Hi,

I am working on a project which is hosted on a Rack space Cloud Server. There is a need to upload multiple files using specifically using IE. I have tested few flash based upload components.  Then I got a hand on this and tried it. It along with the other Flash based components worked like charm till I deploy my project on the cloud server. I managed to get it working by setting the folder permissions. 

My query is, in the case of multiple users uploading multiple files at the same time, this will not work as the shared resources for managing the uploads will spread on multiple hardware which combined virtually creates my cloud server.

What precautions I must take in such scenario?

Kindly Advise.

Coordinator
May 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hi,

You'll have to make sure that the uploaded data gets written to one single central storage. You can modify the UploadHandler.ashx and change the code that writes the data so that it writes to a single central storage.

Then, it's no problem that there are multiple webservers. Each webserver that receives a chunk of data will write it to the same storage.

I think that's the only way to get this to work in a cloud/multi webserver enviroment.

If you want to make sure that there are no conflicts between multiple users uploading the same file, you can dynamically create subdirectories for each individual user. For example based on username or IP address. So that each user uploads it data to a different directory. You will also have to modify the UploadHandler.ashx to support that scenario.

Michiel