what are the configuration which are must in web.config file to make this component to work

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:35 AM

1. I already have a web.config file with some configuration. may i know what are the configuration that i need to put in web.config to make this control work?
2. I was ablw to upload the file using your sample code. but when i move the xap file to my actual solution, I get 'Upload Failed' message. what am i missing?

i wan to debug but it is not even reaching the upload handler (HttpUploadHandler.ashx) file. early reply much appreciated. Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM

The only thing you need in the web.config is this:

<appSettings>
    <add key="UploadFolder" value="Upload"/>
  </appSettings>

And it's optional if you change the HttpHandler to not look for that app setting.

You probably need to specify the custom location of your HttpHandler, like this:

<param name="initParams" value="UploadHandlerName=../Services/HttpUploadHandler.ashx etc...

Good luck!

Michiel 

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:36 AM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Thanks Michiel! realy appreciate ur prompt reply.

For ppl reading this forum for "Upload Failed" error issue you might check the following...

1. make sure the upload folder is created.

2. make sure the upload folder path is pointing to correct location.

3. make sure the upload handler file (.ashx) path is correct when calling from xap file.

4. make sure the uploadhandler path is relative to the xap file but not to the aspx or php file in which the xap file is embeded.

Thanks again Michiel! ur control rocks!