This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Upload failed outside Visual Studio 2010

Jun 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM
Edited Jun 2, 2010 at 1:08 PM
Hi Michiel. Your control is what i've been looking for. Great work and thanks for sharing. I have a question and i hope you can help me. I download the latest version and try the uploader successfully from within VStudio2010 and everything works fine but as soon as i try to use in a real site (http://ds1157.activeserve.com/SilverlightMultiFileUploader/) or outside VS (htt://localhost/SilverlightMultiFileUploader/Default.aspx) I get an "Upload failed" for every file i try to upload. Do you have any idea what i am missing here. I appreciate any help on this issue.
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM

The most common mistake is that ASP.Net / IIS does not have enough rights to write to the directory.

Make sure you give ASP.Net / IIS writing rights in the uploading directory!

Jun 2, 2010 at 2:43 PM
Thanks for your reply Michiel. Like you said the issue was related to writing rights. The application pool wasn't using "NETWORK SERVICE" as it's identity and that is the user i granted all writing access to the upload directory. Now it is working perfect. Thanks again